Tax claim information checklist

What supporting information you will need to support your claim

Here at DSR Tax Claims, we understand how time consuming and fiddly it can be to deal with your taxes. And to make matters worse, it is often just so sloooowww! Due to the sheer number of people they are dealing with, HMRC are generally snowed under, so anything that can help speed up your claim cuts the length of time you have to stay out of pocket. In this handy guide, you will find a checklist of information that DSR Tax Claims will need from you to get you your maximum rebate fast! If you’re having difficulties laying your hands on anything on our list, give our friendly team a call on 0330 122 9972 – we are always willing to help.

So, what do DSR Tax Claims need from you?

We need the following information from you as soon as you can possibly get it to us. As soon as we have everything we need from you, we will calculate your refund quickly and accurately so you don’t need to worry about anything other than how you’re going to spend your extra cash!

The following items are essential – we can’t help you get your tax refund without them:

  • Payslips/ wage slips/ income statements;

  • Proof of ID – this is really important due to government money laundering regulations;

  • Armed Forces Assignment Orders (if applicable).

The following checklist items aren’t essential, but the more information you provide to us from this list, the faster we can get your refund to you and the larger your refund could be:

  • P60 end of year certificates;

  • Any P45s you have received;

  • MOT certificates;

  • Receipts for any out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred;

  • Employment contracts.

What if you don’t have copies of this information?

Firstly, don’t worry – we will be able to help you get copies of most of this information.

  • P60: we can get copies of your P60 from HMRC or use your last payslip for this information.

  • Proof of address: we can accept a number of forms of documentation to prove you live where you say you do, such as passport, driving licence, utility bills or council tax statements for example.

  • Employment contracts: your employer will be able to provide this for you. If you no longer work for that employer, we can contact them on your behalf to verify your employment with them.

  • MOT Certificate: this can be verified online.

  • Work locations: if these cannot be verified due to data protection laws then we won’t be able to process a travel refund but that wouldn’t affect any other rebate owing to you.

All you need to do then is get these documents to us!

You can either post it to us or email it to us but please make sure that you have labelled all of the information with your name, postcode and your reference number so that we know which claim it refers to.

If you want to email it to us you can send it to making sure that you include your name and reference number so that again, we know who it belongs to.

The sooner you can get it to us, the sooner we can get your hard-earned cash back to you. And if you need help with any of this documentation, call our helpful team on 0330 122 9972 and we can help you sort that out.

Start Your Claim Today!

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return