Security workers tax refunds

What supporting information you will need to support your claim

Security Tax Refunds

If you work in security, you might think that you are not eligible for a tax refund. After all, all of this information seems to be geared at construction workers or offshore workers, right? We at DSR Tax Claims are pleased to tell you that you’re wrong. If you work in security, you could also be entitled to a tax refund so check out our handy guide to tax refunds for security workers. Our handy online calculator can also tell you if you are eligible for a tax refund. Our friendly team are always happy to help you get your maximum refund fast so call us on 0330 122 9972 and let’s get started.

Could you be entitled to a tax refund?

If you work in security and travel to different workplaces as a part of your job, you could be entitled to a refund on your travel expenses. And your claim could be backdated for up to four years so that could be quite a tidy refund making its way back to your bank account. Our team of experts can get that refund process started for you so give us a call on 0330 122 9972.

What information do you need to provide?

Before we can process your refund claim, we need proof of ID. This is due to UK legislation, designed to protect you from fraud so we would need the following:

  • A copy of your photo ID (passport or driving licence)

  • Proof of your address – this could be a recent utility bill, council tax demand or a recent bank statement.

We also need the following information to allow us to process your claim and calculate your maximum refund:

  • A list of all the places you have travelled to as part of your job, including how long you worked at each place. Although you don’t have to be able to provide us with exact dates, it can be really helpful to your claim to give us as much detail as you can remember.

  • Any wages slips from the previous four years.

  • MOT certificates for your vehicle.

  • P60s and P45s if you have any.

  • Contracts of employment to cover the period you want to claim for.

  • Any other receipts for out of pocket expenses you may have incurred while doing your job. These might include the costs of your SIA licence if you have paid for these yourself. If you wear a company uniform and are responsible for cleaning it, you can also claim for your laundry costs.

If you have trouble getting hold of any of these, give our friendly team a call on 0330 122 9972 and we will see what we can do to help.

What happens next?

We take all of your supporting information and calculate your maximum refund, which could be backdated for up to four years. Once you approve our calculations and we submit your claim to HMRC, the money is as good as yours and should be back in your bank account where it belongs within 21 days.

You don’t need to worry that HMRC will try to get it back as we only claim what you are entitled to, not a penny more, and all of our refunds are guaranteed 100% HMRC-safe as long as the information you have given us is correct. Call our team of experts on 0330 122 9972 and let us get you your maximum refund fast.

Start Your Claim Today!

Security Tax Refunds

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return