MOD Tax refund information required

What supporting information you will need to support your claim

We know what you are thinking – urgh, tax refunds mean a ton of paperwork, right? Our team of experts at DSR Tax Claims know how precious your free time is and how unlikely you are to want to spend it in front of a mountain of forms and paperwork. Luckily for you, we love paperwork and forms so we can take the hassle out of the tax refund process for you. So, if you are a MOD employee and you want to claim back your overpaid taxes, check out our handy guide to the information we will need from you. If you get to the end of our guide and you are unsure of anything, give our friendly team a call on 0330 122 9972 and let us help you.

What information do we need from you?

So that our experts can calculate your maximum rebate, we need some information from you – this way we can work out what you are owed from HMRC and get the claim process started on your behalf.

We will need:

  • Proof of ID including photographic ID and proof of address (such as a recent utility bill or bank statement). These are essential and we can’t process a claim without them.

  • A list of all of the bases you have attended, including the dates you were there. We also need copies of your assignment papers if you can get them – JPA (Joint Personnel Administration) can provide them for you but they are deleted after 60 days so get in touch as soon as possible. If you have spent any time on courses, you can also claim the travel expenses for those too so don’t forget to include them on your list.

  • Monthly payslips – don’t worry if you can’t find them all, you can download them from the JPAC website.

  • MOT certificates can be really helpful in supporting a travel expenses claim but don’t worry if you can’t find them, they are checkable online.

  • P60s and P45s are really useful if you can get hold of them, but don’t worry if you have no idea where they are – we can still make a claim on your behalf without them.

  • Any receipts for Mess Dress if you have them.

We will also ask you a few questions about your financial affairs, such as whether you have a pension, student loan or any other forms of income (maybe rental income on property) – all of this information helps us to calculate your correct rebate.

What do you need to do with this information?

Our team of experts will let you know what you need to do with any supporting information but if we ask you to send anything to us then please mark it with your name, address and reference number (if we have given you one). This way we know who the information relates to. You can email copies of the information to us at but again, mark it with your details so that we know which claim it relates to.

What happens next?

Our expert team of tax preparation specialists calculate your tax rebate and then send it to you for your approval. And once you have approved it, the money could be back in your bank account within 21 days once it has been submitted to HMRC! How’s that for easy and hassle-free? If you want to get your maximum rebate fast, call our team on 0330 122 9972 and let’s get the ball rolling!

Start Your Claim Today!

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return