Construction PAYE What Information Do you need?

What supporting information you will need to support your claim

After a hard day’s work, we know that the last thing on your mind is sorting out a whole bunch of paperwork and filling in forms for your tax refund. That’s why we at DSR Tax Claims want to make the tax refund process as easy as possible for you. But we also want to get you your maximum refund and to do that, it is really helpful to have as much information to support your claim as possible. This handy guide should give you an idea of the kinds of paperwork we need from you to support your claim. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of this though – give our friendly a team on 0330 122 9972 and we will try to help you as much as we possibly can to sort this out.

Essential information we need

It is a legal requirement that DSR Tax Claims can verify your identity before we can make a start on the claims process on your behalf so we really need proof of ID. The following information is essential:

  • A copy of your photographic ID – passport or driving licence.

  • Proof of address – this can be a recent utility bill, council tax demand, or bank statement.

Other information we need to support your tax refund claim

The following information can be really helpful to support you tax refund claim. Although HMRC don’t ask to see every single piece of information for every single person claiming a tax refund, they can if they wish to. It also helps us to calculate your maximum refund so that we can get every penny you are entitled to claim back into your bank account as quickly as possible.

  • A list of all the sites you have worked on them and the dates you were working on them. Don’t worry if you can’t give exact information, just try to give as much detail as you possibly can.

  • Wage slips for the previous four years.

  • MOT certificates for your vehicle.

  • Your P60 certificates for the previous four years.

  • Any P45s you may have from the previous four years.

  • Any receipts for expenses you may have.

  • Your employment contract if you have one.

Don’t worry if you don’t have every piece of information listed – if you call our team on 0330 122 9972 we can let you know where you might be able to get copies of that information from. We can even contact your employer on your behalf in some cases too.

We ask for information for the previous four years because we can backdate your claim for the previous four years if you haven’t already claimed a tax refund in the past. Our team of tax preparation specialists are experts at claiming the maximum amount you are entitled to claim. We never claim a penny more than you are entitled to though, so you don’t need to worry that you will end up with HMRC on your back. We just want to ensure you are not left out of pocket.

We hope that this handy guide has helped you to understand what information to get together to support your tax refund claim but if you are still unsure, call our team on 0330 122 9972 and let us get you your maximum refund fast.

Start Your Claim Today!

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return