Construction CIS What Information do you need?

What supporting information you will need to support your claim

We know how time-consuming and complicated it can be to sort out your tax return and that’s why we at DSR Tax Claims want to make the whole process as easy and hassle-free as possible. After all, the last thing you want to do after a hard day on site is to start number-crunching your way through a pile of expenses. To help us get you your maximum refund and fast, we have put together this handy guide so you can see what kind of information you need to get together and then all you need to do is hand it over to our team of experts and we will do the rest – call us on 0330 122 9972 and let’s get started on your refund.

What information do we need from you?

Because of UK legislation, we need to be able to verify your ID before we can process your claim so the following information is essential:

  • A copy of your photographic ID, such as driving licence or passport.

  • Proof of address – such as a recent utility bill, council tax demand or bank statement.

The following information helps us to calculate your maximum refund so the more information you can give us, the bigger your potential refund could be.

  • Details of the sites you have worked on and the dates – don’t worry if you can’t remember the exact details of each and every site and the dates, just give us as much information as you can and we will do what we can to fill in any blanks,

  • Your monthly ‘CIS statements’ – these are the monthly statements you should receive from your contractors, giving information on how much you have earned and what tax has been deducted. You may know them as payslips or vouchers.

  • Receipts for any expenses that have left you out of pocket (except for fuel receipts).

  • MOT certificates.

Don’t worry if you are missing some of these – call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 and we can help you find as much supporting information as you can.

How to help yourself get your maximum refund

In order to really maximise your tax returns, it is important to keep good records of all of your finances. That way we are able to claim for every penny on your behalf. The more detailed your financial records are, the more we are able to claim back on your behalf. You might think that the odd expense here or there is no big deal but they can soon mount up, especially over the four years you can backdate your claim.

HMRC require you to be able to support your tax refund with evidence that you have overpaid in the past – if you can’t prove that you are out of pocket, they won’t refund you. And worse, if they believe you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes, you might find yourself being prosecuted.

The good news is that DSR Tax Claims are experts at claiming back only what you ae entitled to claim and our tax rebate service is 100% HMRC-safe so you don’t need to worry that you will have to pay it back. And even better news, because record-keeping often improves after speaking to our experts, your tax rebates in future years are likely to be higher and higher.

We at DSR Tax Claims want to get you every penny you are entitled to so call us on 0330 122 9972 and let us help you your maximum refund and fast.

Start Your Claim Today!

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return