Our experts at DSR Tax Claims know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust. Or you can check out our online calculator to see if you could be due a refund.
How do you set up a personal tax account?
A personal tax account on the HMRC website allows you to check your HMRC tax records and manage the details that HMRC holds about you. You can set up an online account whenever you like, but you will need a few things to hand first.
To set up your personal tax account on the HMRC website, you will need the following:
- A Government Gateway account. You will already have one if you have used any HMRC online services in the past.
- A National Insurance number. If you only have a temporary reference number, you won’t be able to set up a personal tax account at this time.
- Proof of your identity – this could be your bank account details, your P60, your 3 most recent payslips or your passport number with the expiry date.
What can you use your personal tax account for?
A personal tax account can be really useful. You can use it to manage your taxes and the details HMRC holds on you.
It can be used for the following:
- Check your Income Tax estimate and the tax code you are currently using.
- Fill in, send and view your personal Self Assessment tax returns.
- Check and manage any tax credits you receive.
- Check your State Pension.
- Claim a tax refund.
- Check or update your Marriage Allowance tax relief.
- Inform HMRC of a change to your address
- Check or update any benefits you receive from your employer, such as a company car or private medical insurance.
- Track the progress of any tax forms you have submitted online.
HMRC plans to add further services in the future and are always updating the services that they offer.
How do you sign in to your account?
Once you have set up your personal tax account, you can sign in to check your details or make any changes to your details. There are 2 ways you can sign in to your account.
Firstly, you can use the Government Gateway, using the User ID and password you received when you set up your account.
You can also sign in using the GOV.UK Verify service, which is a quicker and simpler way to sign into access government services whilst verifying your identity. This helps to keep your online transactions safe. If you have never used the GOV.UK Verify service before, it will take about 15 minutes to set up for first use. Once you have set yourself up using the Verify service, it will only take a couple of minutes to sign in when you want to use government online services in the future.
How can DSR Tax Claims help?
We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful. Our team of experts at DSR Tax Claims are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax rebate. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 26/10/2018.