Offshore transfers for oil and gas employees

Our experts tell you what HMRC need to know about transporting your offshore workers

Our experts at DSR Tax Claims know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.

Do you need to report to HMRC?

If you are an employer who employs offshore workers to work on offshore rigs and gas installations, you will no doubt be responsible for a lot of transport costs as you transport your workers to and from those offshore workplaces. You might be wondering whether you need to report these transport expenses to HMRC as a taxable benefit, but you will no doubt be relieved to discover that these expenses are exempt. As far as HMRC is concerned, you don’t need to report these expenses nor would they be subject to additional PAYE tax or National Insurance deductions.

These exemptions include transfer transport, local transport and any associated accommodation or subsistence costs.

How can DSR Tax Claims help?

We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful.  Our team of experts at DSR Tax Claims are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.

This page was last updated on 07/11/2018.

Start Your Claim Today!

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return